Monday, September 15, 2008

Alabama Learning Exchange

The Alabama Learning Exchange (ALEX) is a database of lesson plans for grades K-12 created and posted by teachers. The database is a searched by traditional subject areas as well as up to date material such as technology and information literacy. The steps to obtain the lessons plans are quite simple. First you go to the website and then click on the lesson plan icon. This will then bring you to a page where you can select the subject and grade level for the lesson you will need. From then it will give you numerous lesson plans that have been designed by fellow teachers.

I believe that the ALEX program will be very beneficial to me when I begin teaching. In case I stumble over a certain subject and I don't know how to fully explain or go about teaching it I can look to find what lesson plan fits me. On the other hand I can post my lesson plan that was successful to me, hoping to give the same opportunity to another teacher.

No comments: